Monday, April 23, 2012

TGFSC - Day 1

I'm not gonna lie, I was nervous that we were going to be hungry...But we weren't!
Although the constant fear of being hungry just makes me want to eat more...I found some control and stuck to our $5 diet.

Here is what we ate:

For Breakfast: ($1.17)
yogurt & apple (I also had two cups of tea which work provides free of charge)
For Lunch: ($1.40)
grilled chicken sandwich on ww bread with cheese lettuce and tomato
For Snack: ($.50)
cottage cheese
For Dinner: ($1.85)
grilled chicken, rice, broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, zucchini, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots.
This whole plate cost us $1.85!

With $.08 left for the day, I opted to have 2 (!) Peeps ($.008/each) and a cup of tea ($.1), which actually leaves me with some change!

Even better than some change in my food pocket, my little food tracker app tells me I ate adequate carbs,  and received plenty of protein, calcium , iron and vitamin A & C.
38% Carbs
23% Fat
38%Protein

I had a pretty tough workout at the gym tonight and I feel pretty good. I was worried I'd feel more run down, or that perhaps my body wouldn't recover well, but so far so good. And I'm full!

Bring on Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment